The Take12+ Challenge is an exciting new challenge for residents of the Olympic host boroughs. It is the perfect way for people of all ages and abilities to have fun, get fit and explore their local area!
If you live, work or go to school in any of the following boroughs then this challenge is for you!
How to Complete the Take12+ Challenge:
1. Cover 12km (or more!) by walking, running, cycling, wheelchair, paddling or swimming. Discover your local area using one of our suggested walking, running and cycling routes.
Alternatively, you can complete your distance by adding up what you do in your local gym or on your way to work/school. Log your achievements on your online profile at take12.org.
2. Be active for 12 hours (or more!). Try out your local sports clubs & facilities and complete your challenge by doing over 12 hours of sport or active recreation (such as get fit or dancing classes). Our website has lots of information on what you can do in your local area. Easy! Log your hours on your online profile at take12.org.
It is a perfect way for people of all ages and abilities to have fun, get a bit fitter and explore their local community.
Fancy getting competitive?
You take part in the challenge as an individual. But you can easily compete with others in your company, group or school to see:
- Who can finish the challenge first
- Who can log the most Km/hrs in 12 weeks?
- Which department does the most Km/hrs within 12 weeks
- Who can complete the challenge in the funniest way
- Which borough has the most participants or finished challengers